Wednesday, November 5, 2008

More 3d cowl

I've been knitting the 3d cowl today and yesterday. At the moment I really hate the knitting but I'm satisfied with the first group of holsters. I found cunning ways to keep the lines of knit stitches uninterrupted by bind off loops, but I couldn't fathom similar solutions for the second group of holsters. That's why I'm mad at it at the moment. But here is a progress shot. 

And around the neck, a bit later... 


The cowl does look okay, I think. And I'm sure that writing the pattern will be a lot of fun even if I'm not satisfied with every detail of the finished cowl. I'm actually waiting the task of finding ways to express the design as clearly and efficiently as possible. One of the ideas I have is to take photos or draw pictures of the 'cunning ways' I devised. As a test we took some photos with the bf, here is a sample:

 (I'm thinking that drawn pictures would be clearer. Here I am twisting 2 stitches before purling them together.) 

I also went and bought some yarn today. 
Very basic types, some more 7 veljestä for the cowl and some Gjestal Maija and Novita Florica yarns for yet another cowl I'm planning. It's called a harvest cowl and it will have many colours and fall-inspired images. I think that I'll swatch for that project next. The "kohokuviokauluri" idea is still resting, I guess that I'll come back to it rather soon... 



No comments: